What do you want the “theme” of your life to be in the next year – one word?
Early each year I take time to look back over the previous year and looking ahead. I do the same process with coaching clients. We take some time to celebrate their gains and note the disappointments. Having reviewed we look ahead at the year to come. What do they long to see happen this year?
This is quite a long thorough process that generally takes 45 minutes or so. So, I’ve condensed it. Below is a 5 question version and a 1 question version!
I want to share with you 5 questions to help you make this review too. I recommend that you do this with someone else, a partner, friend or coach. Let them ask the questions and allow you to concentrate on the answers.
5 question version:
- As you think back over the last 12 months, where have you strengthened your footing or gained new ground?
- As you look back over the past year, where have you failed to advance, or even lost ground?
- What’s the deep truth about your life as it is today?
- What do you want the “theme” of your life to be in the next year? One word?
- What are the things you must do or be in the next 12 months to move your life forward in the direction of your deepest heart desires?
Often we find as we review our goals that things have just happened, that progress has been made without conscious thought or action.
And if I was to chose just one question it would be no. 4. So here is the 1 question version.
What do you want the “theme” of your life to be in 2016 – one word?
Let me know in the comments below what word you chose.